Re[6]: CanŽt access a box remotely

Hexren me at hexren.net
Wed Jan 19 14:39:06 PST 2005

MB> Hexren:

MB> Why do you say:

>> As a quick workaround: In your ppp.conf delete the default profile and
>> rename your profile default. The remove the 'ppp_profile="my_isp"'
>> line from your rc.conf.

MB> I actually want to dial to my_isp from rc.conf. If I delete the
MB> "default" profile, then I need to copy those 2 lines in that profile
MB> to the "my_isp" profile?

MB> Than you again,

MB> Mauricio

MB> PD: This is my ppp.conf:

No those 2 lines must not be copied.
Modify your ppp.conf so that it looks like

default:
set device PPPoE:fxp0 # replace fxp0 with your Ethernet device
set mtu 1492
set mru 1492
enable mssfixup
set ctsrts off
set speed sync
disable acfcomp protocomp
deny acfcomp
set authname xxxxxxxx
set authkey yyyyyyyyy
add default HISADDR
# enable lqr
disable ipv6cp
#set lqrperiod 5
enable dns

and I just looked at my rc.conf and would now say that it should say
'ppp_profile="default"' then your connection should be made through
tun0.