KPDF and KGhostView errors

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Mon Jan 17 20:03:32 PST 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 03:46, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> I'm getting an error when trying to view PDFs with these applications:
>
> ghostscript: unknown device x11
>
> I have ghostscript version 7.07 installed and was able to view PDFs as
> recently as a few days ago.  Acrobat Reader won't even start now, so I
> don't know if these are related.
>
> I've been upgrading my ports daily, so it might be due to a recent
> upgrade.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

I got this error once because I had a  ghostscript nox port installed.
Actually, I think I had two versions simultaneously, one of which was a nox
version (not sure how that happened). Anyway I deinstalled the offending
version and fixed the depedencies, (I may also have forced a rebuild) and it
worked.