Memory Question

Colin J. Raven colin at kenmore.kozy-kabin.nl
Fri Jan 14 01:15:02 PST 2005

> If you want to be made fun of, this is the type of question that will push
> you in that direction (references 'Thanks You!' thread). ;)  Your colleague
> is probably running more applications/services than you, which is why he has
> less available memory.  To use up some of that memory, simply start up some
> more applications.

Eric;
Thanks! :)

It *was* a serious well intentioned question, I just had no clue what to
make of the top output. Unix sort of handles things differently than
Windows memory-wise, and only having had access to older lower powered
*nix machines previously, I wasn't used to seeing stats such as I
posted.
The question was answered in the thread though I gotta say.
Your point is well taken however, and your quiet cautionary note is well
understood. Thanks for taking the time to warn me against stuff like
this. (It's really hard to begin to know where to start learning some of
this stuff sometimes!!)

Kind Regards,
-Colin