anyone using Putty and ssh-agent?

Brian McCann bjmccann at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 09:08:32 PST 2005

I've had similar problems with PuTTY as well...and upgrading PuTTY
fixed the problem, but I'm curious about the whole
PasswordAuthentication thing.  I am testing out 5.3 now for our
production environment, and I haven't touched the sshd config file,
yet I can still login using usernames and passwords.  How is this
possible?  And how would have upgradding PuTTY fixed this?

Thanks,
--Brian