FreeBSD 5.3 - Write failure on transfer

lists lists at webzone.net.au
Thu Jan 13 03:12:32 PST 2005

Further to this problem, I have tried installing FreeBSD5.3 on a second
hp netserver and I continue to get the same problem during the install
process.

"Write failure on transfer! (wrote -1 bytes of 1425408 bytes)"

After two weeks of stuffing around I am giving up on 5.3 - there is
clearly something wrong with 5.3 - there does not appear to be anything
wrong with the hardware - its appears to be a FreeBSD 5.3 issue -. I
have gone back to 4.10 which installs fine. Somewhere between 4.10 and
5.3 something has broken in relation to an installation on a netserver box.

Has anyone else got a hp netserver LC2000r or similar box and been able
to get 5.3 installed?

Lino