UNIX-Based VPN Applications

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Jan 12 09:19:46 PST 2005

	I have been asked as to whether there are any VPN applications
that can run on UNIX clients using Linux, FreeBSD, and MacOS.  I think
the general idea is that they could tunnel in from outside of our
campus and receive an IP number on our network.

There would probably be a UNIX server on the campus end of the network
to accept these connections.

	Those of us who work here or are students can set up a UNIX
box on campus and use ssh in to it from anywhere.  What I am asking
about is whether there is a VPN application that UNIX-users in general
can register with to have a presence on our network.

	Thank you very much.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group