Hosts.allow and netatalk/cups

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Mon Jan 10 23:37:31 PST 2005

To my knowledge, the effects in /etc/hosts.allow are immediate as soon
as you save the modified file.

And I have been using it that way for many years.

No need to killall -HUP inetd, no need to reboot.

If after a change the service is still not available:

- you did not allow the right thing

- the servcie would not be working even without tcp wrapper

Try to add ALL : ALL : allow at the top of /etc/hosts/allow. Does the
service work? Then you made a mistake when trying to open tcp wrapper
for that specific service. Else the problem is not with tcp wrapper /
hosts.allow.

Olivier