asynchronous packet loss

Thomas Beer nohuman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 04:08:24 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm dealing with this issue since six weeks or so with
no avail or a clear source of failure. So this
may be my last chance. I have a 5.2.1 R Wifi access
point on a Netgear MA 311 and two clients. I tested this
with different versions of firmware. One client,
a 5.3 B-7 has no problems in both directions for TCP/IP
traffic.The second is a XP-SP2 laptop. If I ping from the
XP to the 5.2.1 R i get 0% Packet loss. The other
way around will have a packet loss of appr. 70% at the
same time. Further more drops the packet loss to
appr. 10-20% if there is huge traffic on the segment
(i.e. copying some MB etc.).

Any help is highly appreciated

Tom