FreeBSD on Sun SPARC 20

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Jan 7 00:38:06 PST 2005

Sun used to give out free licenses for up to 4 cpu's.  He may have
registered
for one of these back when they were giving them out.  Even if not the
Solaris license nowadays is only a couple hundred bucks, much less than
Microsoft XP Server.

Also, with a Sparc 20 try to load a copy of Solaris 2.6 rather than a later
copy, it will run faster and Sun still releases patches for it.

Ted