Can't find rootvp if booting with a plugged-in firewire HD

Daniel S. Haischt me at daniel.stefan.haischt.name
Wed Jan 5 03:43:06 PST 2005

Hello,

I have a problem after adding a firewire hard
disk to my system. I did format and label the
drive and the drive works without any problem.

After a reboot I am getting the following message
after the firewire was detected:

ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp

The firewire disk is /dev/da1 and my root (/)
partition is /dev/da0s1a. After getting the above
error message I am getting a boot prompt which
allows me to manually specify an appropriate
device. If typing ? to get a list of available
devices, /dev/da0s1a is missing.

I guess the solution to is problem is pretty
trivial, but at the time I am to blind to see
the solution.

Any hints on how to solve this issue would be
appreciated.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
Daniel S. Haischt

Wan't a complete signature??? Type at a shell prompt:
$ > finger -l haischt at daniel.stefan.haischt.name