my lame attempt at a shell script...

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Mon Jan 3 14:21:51 PST 2005

I believe this is my last question.  I need to do some math.  Anyone
familiar with ipfw knows that you can add a rule with:

ipfw add [num] my firewall rule

What I'm trying to do is have that number auto-computed.  So, my
command *should* look something like:

$ipfwcmd add [rulenum1 + 50] my firewall rule $other $variables

Make sense?  I just want to add a new rule, let it figure out the rule
number.  That way, I can leave a space of 48 rules (for minor,
on-the-fly tweaking, etc.

Thanks.
Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson