burning 5.3-RELEASE CDs

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Mon Jan 3 01:46:23 PST 2005

On 03 Jan Scott Bennett wrote:

> 	5.3-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso
> 	5.3-RELEASE-i386-disc2.iso
>
> I've also tried burning the first file to CD-Rs using Windows XP Home's own
> facilities and using Sonic RecordNow! under said system, but did not get
> bootable CDs either way.

Strange. Every decent burning program on windows (cdrwin, nero) has an
option to burn iso _images_ to a cdr(w). Because it is an image(!) the
cdr(w) will be bootable (it's an image of a bootable cd).

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.10 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)