complete rookie sendmail question

Ken Hawkins rosewoodblues at mac.com
Mon Feb 28 15:23:21 GMT 2005

Apologies for the quick post. I found the domain file issue and i had
changed the DOMAIN param in freebsd.mc from generic to prosoundweb.com.
switching it back to generic obviously took care of that problem
however after opening up the SMART_HOST:

define(`SMART_HOST', `bhost1.broadjam.net')

I am still timing out which leads me to believe it is a true issue of
timing between the servers and NOT improper configuration on the box.
If i understand everything now by uncommenting the SMART_HOST define
and giving it our true mail server this should relay all mail generated
and coming from and coming into the server to the actual mail server
yes?

I also now only have sendmail_enabl="YES" in rc.conf

am i way off base here?
ken;