Problems with installing freeBSD 4.8

Richard Jansson staukey at aland.net
Wed Feb 23 12:36:33 GMT 2005

Hello
I am facing some problems with installing FreeBSD 4.8.
This is my computer configuration:
Build from a barbone system by ASUS; Terminator P4 533.
With 256 megs of Ram. Integrated SiS video card. And a 40 Gigs hard drive named Maxtor 6E040L0. When I boot from the cd with custom configuration the computer prints a lot of things on my display. I did not saw any errors. In the begining the caps lock and num lock keys give response on my keyboard. Then the computer tell me thats it reseting the console. Num lock and Caps lock stops working. And on the display i can read these words "reseting ata0...". Then nothing happends. Maybe I am to impatient but I lend the cd to a friend and he managed to come to the menu system. i waited about 2-3 minuts but still nothing.
Please Help me!