Instead of freebsd.com, why not...

Chris Zumbrunn chris at czv.com
Mon Feb 21 18:20:45 GMT 2005

On Feb 17, 2005, at 5:33 PM, Chris Zumbrunn wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2005, at 11:38 AM, Sander Vesik wrote:
>
>> as a side note - whats teh licence / use policy of your designs you
>> have been posting links to on FreeBSD related materials?
>
> As far as I'm concerned, "the Beastie silhouette" can be used as long
> as it is BSD related. Existing restrictions similar to those for "the
> BSD Daemon" ( http://www.mckusick.com/beastie/mainpage/copyright.html
> ) may apply, I'll have to talk to McKusick about that. In other words,
> for now you'll have to ask me before you can use it. The word FreeBSD,
> of course, is a registered trademark of the FreeBSD foundation.
>
> I'll contact McKusick about that...

Here's the resulting wording of the license and use policy: "The
Beastie Silhouette is copyright 2005 by Chris Zumbrunn and may be
freely used in the context of BSD-related products and services. It is
an approved derivative work from the original BSD Daemon image that is
copyright 1988 by Marshall Kirk McKusick."

I made gif and eps versions available at http://beastie.czv.com/

Chris

chris at czv.com  +41 329 41 41 41
Chris Zumbrunn Ventures - http://www.czv.com/
Internet Application Technology - Reduced to the Maximum