Email and scheduling etc sigh -- Was Need IMAP Server Selection Advice

Murray Taylor mtaylor at bytecraft.com.au
Mon Feb 21 05:30:08 GMT 2005

> > I had been admin' a moderatly sized (cyrus/exim/spamassasin/clam-av)
> > setup until recently when we switched to the darkside. (Don't ask, it's
> > still to painful to think about.)(If you're still curious it had nothing
> > to do with email capabilities but with scheduling capabilities and the
> > darkside client)

This is the _BIG THING_ from managers ....

Even thouogh I had found and trialled 2 - 3 grooupware ports ... the
managers wanted the darkside thing....

The perceived problem with all my previous offerings - they are web
based!

Even though the functionality re calendering, group schedule manegement
(and tons more functions well outside of the darkside capabilities) was
all there... it didnt look like the stuff other execs were using... cant
it sync with my PDA (some can) ... why do I need to go to a web site and
go through that login stuff (ever heard of security? and you gotta do
this in a different fashion with micro$lop anyway)

> I'm sorry to hear that.  I've not had any problem with the few
> darkside clients connecting to my server (only 4 accounts, so not a
> big deal).

We also ran 200+ users in several states via WAN on the Cyrus IMAP
server with various MUA's from FreeBSD and the Outlook clients...
With 698 days of uptime too... (had to move the server to a new building
and nobody but me could see the point of moving it still attached to its
UPS... luddites)

--
Murray Taylor

The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.