Partition Magic -like

windlamf windlamf at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Feb 18 13:14:40 GMT 2005

I think you can first archive all the data in /var using tar or something that has the same function.Then delete this partition.
You know what to do next?
Yes, create two partitions for windows and /var. then extract the archive to one and install win on the other.
I've never tried this means, but I am sure it will work.
By the way, I think you should drop your windows-rooted thinking pattern.You know, the philosophy of *nix is excellent.

Pietro Cerutti <pietro at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
Hi Windlamf,
thank you for your answer!
The problem is that I don't have a free partition yet.

df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/ad0s1a 145M 70M 63M 53% /
devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /dev
/dev/ad0s1f 19G 7.1G 10G 41% /home
/dev/ad0s1e 19G 6.2G 12G 35% /usr
/dev/ad0s1d 14G 160M 13G 1% /var
linprocfs 4.0K 4.0K 0B 100% /usr/compat/linux/proc

My idea was to resize the /var partition, which is quite unused, and create
a FAT partition from that!

Regards,

--
Pietro Cerutti