mounting error /mnt/dev/ad0s1f on /mnt/usr : Input/output error

Sajith K ksajith at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 18:34:13 GMT 2005

my disk has the following geometry:
   9729 cyl/255 head/64 sectors

when i used fdisk from linux, i got a warning that
cyl is > 1024 which may not work correctly with
fdisk of win and os/2. is this the case with freebsd ?

thanks
sajith

----------------
i did create the slices using default option (A)
and partions using default option (A).

now i see the following problem:

"mounting error /mnt/dev/ad0s1f on /mnt/usr :
Input/output error"

i think it is the problem with the disk geometry
i don't know what. i have a 80GB disk, and i tried
changing the mode from LBA to NORMAL to LARGE in the
BIOS setting but it didn't help. /usr is the the
last partition in the default list of partiontions.

thanks in advance for your time

sajith

--- Lowell Gilbert