Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo such as NetBSD!!!

Matthias Buelow mkb at incubus.de
Sun Feb 13 17:11:35 PST 2005

cpghost at cordula.ws wrote:

> Nope. Beastie is a way of life. I'd be quite upset if it were dropped
> for whatever reason. It is so intimately tied to FreeBSD that it would
> be a PR disaster if it were to be changed. NetBSD never had a real

The BSD daemon image stems from around 4.3BSD, or an even earlier
release, not FreeBSD.  It can therefore never be specific for the
FreeBSD system, in the same way Ronald McDonald doesn't stand for the
Big Mac alone, but rather for the entire company.  In earlier years,
before the general hype about Linux and *BSD, I've seen the image being
used in presentations about Unix in general.