Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo such as NetBSD!!!

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Fri Feb 11 10:04:06 PST 2005

On Friday 11 February 2005 08:14 am, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> cpghost at cordula.ws writes:
> > Imagine Linux dropping Tux for some meanlingless, lifeless logo?
>
> I'm glad you asked.
>
> Tux is a mascot, not a logo.  These are Linux logos:
>
> http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topiccaldera.gif
> http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topicdebian.gif
> http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topicmandrake.gif
> http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topicredhat.gif
> http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topicsuse.gif
> http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topicturbolinux.gif

<snip>

> DES

No Slackware?  In my opinion, Slackware has the widest deviation in
professionalism between their logo and mascot.

logo(s):
http://slackware.com/grfx/shared/logo.png
http://store.slackware.com/images/nav/s_topleft.png

mascot (pipe-smoking penguin):
http://store.slackware.com/cgi-bin/store/slacklapel?id=E844B2UK:mv_pc=379

They also have a "When you get serious" Slackware t-shirt that I like.
I wish I had thought of that for FreeBSD.
http://store.slackware.com/cgi-bin/store/serious?id=E844B2UK:mv_pc=426

Andrew Gould