ipfilter and ntp sserver

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sun Feb 13 13:20:32 GMT 2005

I want my local ntp server up and running, so I put in /etc/rc.conf:
xntpd_enable="YES" but waht are the right rules for ipfilter? Someting
like:

# Allow out ntp traffic
pass out quick on rl0 proto tcp from any to any port = 123 flags S keep
state
pass out quick on rl0 proto udp from any to any port = 123 keep state

Or do I have to open some ports incoming as well?
[ I think I need a good book about ipfilter ;-) ]
I mentioned tcp/udp because I read in /etc/services that ntp uses both.
Does keep state mean that automagically all incoming traffic will be OK
(for ntp)

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11 ++ FreeBSD 5.3