Instead of freebsd.com, why not...

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Feb 12 11:44:47 GMT 2005

Ah, but that is the rub, methinks.  Even if our Anthony is squeaky
clean and paid for every one of those apps, there are so many many
others who don't pay a dime for their Windows applications because
they steal copies of them from their friends.

That is one of the dirty little secrets about Windows you know.
Price for price, for a great many people, the costs are equal.

And not to mention all the people who got their copies legally
yet paid nothing for them - because they happened to work at
a company that has a Microsoft Site license.  As those of you
know who have dealt with such things, the site licenses that
Microsquish writes for companies over 100 head all contain
language that -explicitly- allows any employee to make and install
copies of the site-licensed software that they use at work, on
their home PC.  And in some cases the companies don't even
have to be that big to get one of these.

Ted