Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo such asNetBSD!!!

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Feb 11 22:37:45 PST 2005

Wrong, I already answered your earlier post where you claim that
the image wasn't used as a logo.

> A more likely problem is that the devil-worship aspect of Beastie might
> prevent religiously fanatic potential customers from considering the OS
> in the first place, thus making it impossible to get a foot in
> the door.

I am sure that Walmart has lots of people working on device drivers
that are badly needed in FreeBSD.

> Would you prefer that FreeBSD remain the best kept secret on the Web?
> It's a good operating system ... why not promote it?  It's better than
> Linux.  It would be nice to see a technically superior product actually
> win, for once.

Fundamentally impossible, Anthony.

Technically superior products are technically superior because they
have MORE than the customary R&D put into them.  That makes them MORE
expensive than the median/mediocre products that dominate a market.

If you want to play on a team that makes the best product in the
business, then you are going to have to be content with the minority
of the market that truly wants the best product that money can
buy.

If however your shooting for the largest market segment, then your
going to have to make your product as cheap as you can get it and
have it still meet the minimum criteria needed to work.

This is why the new Rolls Royce puts out 435 hp @ 5000 rpm, will
do the quarter mile in 14.3 seconds, has a top speed of 130Mph,
and costs nearly half a million dollars.

They only make about 600-1000 of them a year, you know.

Ted