(Google) Sr. Linux/Unix Release Engineer Opening

Tod Vanlandingham todv at google.com
Sat Feb 12 02:50:37 GMT 2005

Please let me know if you are open to posting the job description below.  I
am currently looking for a Sr. Linux/Unix Release Engineer and would be very
grateful is you could pass this information along to your UG members.

Thank you,

Tod Vanlandingham
Google

Sourcer
(650) 623-4291

todv at google.com

Media Coverage:

http://www.google.com/press/press.html
<blocked::http://www.google.com/press/press.html>
Corporate Overview: http://www.google.com/corporate/index.html
<blocked::http://www.google.com/corporate/index.html>
Top 10 Reasons to Work at Google: http://www.google.com/jobs/reasons.html
<blocked::http://www.google.com/jobs/reasons.html>

Company: Google

Contact: Tod Vanlandingham

Email: todv at google.com

Website: http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/eng.html

Job Title:

Sr. Release Engineer (6+ yrs C++, Scripting, Linux

Required)

Job Description:

This position is based in Mountain View, CA.

Would you like to be part of one of Google's key software

development efforts? This is your opportunity to leverage your deep

technical interest and your skill at easily understanding complex

systems. In this position, you will be responsible for Release

Engineering of our monetization software. Your activities will

include reviewing critical new and changed software, tracking and

auditing change histories, investigating problems and debugging

code, initiating and monitoring unit, regression and user/system

level tests, and compiling and up-integrating submitted code into a

release branch in our source control system.

Requirements:

BS in Computer Science or other technical field.

6+ years experience in software engineering/release

engineering/software.

6+ quality engineering/software quality assurance

Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux (5+ years Exp.)

Excellent knowledge of C++ (6+ yrs.) and Java(5+ yrs.) a must,

Python a plus

Perforce Experience highly desired but not required.

Experience in database design and using SQL

Strong familiarity with software configuration management

systems/source code version control systems

Ability to work well with developers, test engineers, and non-

engineering personnel

Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and

written

For immediate consideration, please send a MS Word/RTF Copy of your

Resume to todv at google.com

Important: The subject field of your email must include Release

Engineer - Mountain View

Thank you,

Tod Vanlandingham
Google