Please don't change Beastie to another logo such asNetBSD!!!

Mark A. Garcia mag at hamletinc.com
Thu Feb 10 16:01:48 PST 2005

Bob Johnson wrote:

<snip>

> I work in an office largely populated by born-again Christians, and
> some of them very definitely object to the BSD logo.  Even after I
> explained the  "daemon" thing, they still didn't think BSD should use
> "The Devil" as its logo.
>
> It IS because of "Bible thumpers".  If it weren't for them, we
> wouldn't be having this discussion.

So is it, "Bible thumpers" equals, born-again Christians?  Or could one
say that just "Bible thumpers" in general, or maybe "Koran thumpers", or
even "Torah thumpers"?

<snip>

> Only my personal experience.  In addition to not being comfortable
> with the BSD logo, a couple of the programmers here didn't like my
> Ouija-board mouse pad, because they associated it with the occult, and
> thus The Devil.

I'd like to hear a story of a system administrator who has chosen not to
use FreeBSD explicitly because of the logo.  That would be way more
entertaining.  Everyone could learn more about human nature.

-.mag