single box handling multiple ips, how?

Ken Hawkins ken at rosewoodblues.com
Wed Feb 9 12:33:22 PST 2005

Thanks,

I do not know what the 'web1.a.net.' is about, more specifically he
.net"." (dot on the end). i took this for the initial setup that was
done on the box' initial entry in the /etc/hosts.

ok what am i doing...

I have apache running on the box and would like to use 3 diffferent
IP's to try and keep (somewhat separate) the traffic, logging, etc. for
the Virtual Hosts that are running there.

ultimately I will have;

<ip address 1> resolve to -> website 1
<ip address 2> resolve to -> website 2
<ip address 3> resolve to -> website 3

obviously they will bind to the same box but i would like to have them
to separate ip's to ease some maintenance on the box, redirect traffic
when needed, blah, blah.

I know that I can Name more than one VirtualHost ie;
NameVirtualHost ???.???.???.151:80
NameVirtualHost ???.???.???.152:80
NameVirtualHost ???.???.???.153:80

and then the normal VirtualHost directive via IP's but I want to make
sure that the box will answer to those ip's when we flip the DNS
switch.

am i making sense? did i leave anything beyond the bind directive's out?

ken;