Openoffice startup question

Ned Harrison nedsmailbox2 at cox.net
Tue Feb 8 16:09:45 PST 2005

On Sunday 06 February 2005 11:26 pm, nbco wrote:
> On Sunday 06 February 2005 17:03, Ned Harrison wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > However, the initiall set up instructions don't seam to work.  When I
> > type "openoffice", I get "Command not found" for a response.  It
> > doesn't matter whether I enter the command as an ordinary user or as
> > root.  This is true even when I move to /usr/local/bin where there
> > are several openoffice files.
>
> Hi there,
> Go to:
> /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.4
>
> then enter the command (as root)
> ./spadmin
>
> hope this helps
> .nbco

Sorry for the delay.  I didn't have time to work on this yesterday.  Thanks
for the hints though.  I'm getting an error message now.  So the program is
responding.

Here is the error message.
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc.so.6" not found, required by
"javaldx"
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc.so.6" not found, required by
"pagein"
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc.so.6" not found, required by
"spadmin.bin"

I also get the same message typing out the path and command "soffice."  Which
another posting suggested that I try.

I didn't see "libc.so.6" as either a package or in the ports tree but it
looked familiar.  So I used the find command on the name "libc.so*" and
pulled up this reference:
/usr/compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6
I guess that I need to do something to link openoffice to this.   The next
questions are Where and How?

Thanks for your assistance.

Ned.