Sendmail masquerading configuration

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Feb 8 03:05:35 PST 2005

If you do this then lots of messages generated by the system will
suddenly start generating (at best):

someuser using -f

It also makes it harder to troubleshoot when someone external to
your system is sending bogus junk to you.

And while it's not applicable now, with older versions of sendmail
this would definitely break all your scripts that used e-mail.

Use of the -f flag is what he needs to do.

Ted