Sendmail masquerading configuration

Ian Moore no-spam at swiftdsl.com.au
Sun Feb 6 02:50:12 PST 2005

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 20:58, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> [...]

I guess even if I redirect root's mail to another user & forward that to my
account on the ISP's server, it wouldn't work for the same reason.

> Masquerading is a bullshit way of doing this kind of
> thing anyhow.  Use the -f switch if your calling the sendmail
> binary directly from programs.  If your using /bin/mail
> as a MUA, then get a better one like Elm or Pine that
> lets you do this.

It's mail from cron, periodic etc. that I want to redirect to my work email
account, so i can tell if my server is still alive when I'm on holidays.
This wasn't a problem until a few days ago when our ISP started blocking mail
with a hostname attached.

Cheers,
--
Ian