favor

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sun Feb 6 01:07:48 PST 2005

There was an interesting case a number of years ago by some guy who
had put up a website with a bunch of Multics stuff on it (I believe,
it might have been VMS not Multics)

The guy handed out the URL to some people he knew all of whom
passed around the URL and all of whom agreed was a most useful
site.  The URL was passed to a number of additional people and
posted on some other websites and pretty soon the guy was angrily
e-mailing people telling them to stop linking to his site.  You
can imagine what the reactions by the sites were (your domain name
and site are public and I'll link to it if I want)  He eventually
took it down.

Ted