Routing Problem

Gustafson, Tim tjg at meitech.com
Tue Feb 1 17:35:11 PST 2005

I am having a problem setting up a multi-homed host.  I have two
separate T1 internet connections, and one physical NIC in my FreeBSD
box.  The two networks are as follows:

Connection 1:
LAN Address: 1.2.3.24/25
Router Address: 1.2.3.1

Connection 2:
LAN Address: 4.5.6.106/29
Router Address: 4.5.6.105

I would like to set up my FreeBSD box so that I can connect to either
LAN address from the outside world.  The problem is that I cannot
specify two default gateways.  Right now, I have 1.2.3.1 set up as a
default gateway, and I can get to the 1.2.3.24 IP from the outside
world.  However, I can't get to 4.5.6.106.  I can't even ping it.  From
the FreeBSD box, I can ping 4.5.6.105, and from the outside world I can
ping 4.5.6.105, but I can't ping 4.5.6.106 from the outside world.

Is there any way to make this work?  How can I make FreeBSD have two
default gateways?  I read somewhere about being able to set up source
routing, but I haven't been able to find any HOWTO's about that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.