Alright, you jdk14 geeks...

John john at starfire.mn.org
Tue Feb 1 15:10:50 PST 2005

I finally got around my problems by manually deinstalling and
reinstalling all the packages that linux_base-8 depended upon.

I have done a make install on linx_base-8 and linux-sun-jdk14
on the NFS server (I gave up trying to do it over NFS, though
that may not have been the problem).

My poor 200Mhz machine has now been crunching for a couple of
HOURS on java/jdk14 (I'm glad this isn't the machine I want
to run it on!), but now I'm wondering...

Once it is BUILT on the NFS system - will I be able to INSTALL
it on my clients?  Has anyone tried anything like this?  Is
this OK with the license agreement?
--

John Lind
john at starfire.MN.ORG