Latest Nvidia Driver...

Jeff Molofee nehe at cruzinternet.com
Fri Dec 30 05:03:35 PST 2005

Has anyone else noticed flickering along the edges of a video when
playing high resolution video in mplayer using -vo xv? After upgrading
to the latest driver, I have noticed that the edges of any video I play
that is higher resolution than my monitor supports waves, flickers, etc.
This happens in fullscreen (scaled to fit the monitor) and in windowed
mode... ONLY if the video is off the left or top half of the screen. If
I move the top left corner of mplayer completely onto the screen, the
video is perfect, even though the bottom and right half are off the
screen. Playing with -vo x11, gl or gl2 works fine, but is slower.

Would love some feedback if anyone knows what the problem is.