Going from bind9 to djbdns

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Thu Dec 29 12:06:31 PST 2005

Kristian Vaaf wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My friend, who hosts most of my stuff, is using djbdns. Probably for security and simplicity.
>
> Anyway I thought I'd do the same. But I'm having serious difficulties finding a user-friendly howto.
>
> I've basically picked stuff from here and there and put them together.
>
> Would this be what I need to set up a djbdns equivalent to http://www.home.no/hedhnta/namedb?

Without reading through what you have (sorry, my hands are really full
right now) I would suggest you check into http://lifewithdjbdns.org/ and
DJB's own docs.

The biggest issue you will face is, it is not as complicated as it
seems. Follow the directions, join the list for djbdns. When posting to
the list, outline what you are trying to do, what you have already
tried, what sources of information you based your configuration on.

Hope that helps.

DAve