Going from bind9 to djbdns

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Thu Dec 29 10:14:44 PST 2005

On Thursday 29 December 2005 10:55, Kristian Vaaf wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My friend, who hosts most of my stuff, is using djbdns. Probably for
> security and simplicity.

1) BIND 9 is a whole different animal from BIND <=8, with many fewer
vulnerabilities.

2) In this case, "simplicity" means "staggering lack of functionality" - no
IXFR, dynamic DNS, etc.

> Anyway I thought I'd do the same. But I'm having serious difficulties
> finding a user-friendly howto.

DJB hates users.  They do pesky things like find vulnerabilities in his code
and make him work to find a reason to blame them on something else.
--
Kirk Strauser