FreeBSD router two DSL connections

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Dec 26 01:34:01 PST 2005

No, as I already said, they can not.

>OpenBSD's PF has something that looks promising:
>http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html#outgoing
>Is this what I am looking for?

Yance, I said no once, I'll say no again, you still don't
believe me, please go set the thing up and see for yourself.

As I said, set it up, plug one DSL line in, download the
FreeBSD ISO, time it, plug the second DSL line in, download
the FreeBSD ISO again, and measure the time it takes, there
will be no difference.

Then when your finished doing that, repeast the test but this
time try uploading the ISO file to some remote server, with
one line connected, then with both lines connected, and
once again, you will see no difference.

By that definition, no they are not merged/Load balanced/
load shared.  If you have something else in mind, then
load balancing, then maybe the software will do something that
you want.

But it will not load balance 2 lines to different ISP's.

Ted