I could not dial with modem on FreeBSD?

Yavuz Maslak maslak at ihlas.net.tr
Wed Dec 21 08:04:18 PST 2005

Hello

I have a internal modem which runs on windows.
I add it on FreeBSD machine to dial an isp phone. But I haven't had the modem run on FreeBSD5.3.
My kernel is GENERIC kernel.
Here is my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf as below;

default:
 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 set device /dev/cuaa2

dial:
 set phone "0123456789"
 set redial 3.3 100
 set reconnect 3 100
 set authname ***********
 set authkey ***********
 set timeout 1800
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
 delete ALL
 add default HISADDR
 enable dns

Also I don't know that the machine recognize it or not And I don't know that which Com(1,2,3,4) port the modem uses. I didn't see in dmesg or ppp.log.
When I put term after ppp command on the screen.I got error as below;
Warning: deflink: /dev/cuaa2: Bad file descriptor
Failed to open /dev/cuaa2

in ppp.conf I tried other cuaa(s) like cuaa1

What shall I do ?
How can I install this modem on FreeBSD5.3

Thanks