syntax error

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Dec 17 03:28:55 PST 2005

Gojyo wrote:
> While trying to install the php5-pcre port (called from the phpmyadmin
> port),
> I get this error:

> ./configure.lineno: 3204: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to ale at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
> "/usr/ports/devel/php5-pcre/work/php-5.1.1/ext/pcre/config.log" including
> the
> output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
> provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
> /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/php5-pcre.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin.
>
> I'm using Freebsd6.0 Release, and I've upgraded my ports tree about one week
>
> ago.
> If some other info (like the config.log written above) are needed, please
> ask.
> Thanks!

Hmmm... I'd cvsup again and try with a fresher ports tree.  There were
quite a number of significant changes made to the tree to do with the
update from php 5.0.5 to 5.1.1 -- I suspect you've just been caught by
fallout from that.

If the problem still occurs, please do as the error message suggests:
send the config.log and all other relevant information you can find to
the port maintainer.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Flat 3