argh with freebsd's networking!

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at tensor.3miasto.net
Fri Dec 16 03:15:28 PST 2005

> Well, after a bit of searching it seems you have Marvell Yukon Gigabit
> ethernet. I have a similar controller on my Asus motherboard, and it
> works with:
>
> device		sk
>
> in the kernel config. However, I am not positive this driver will work
> for you, as the chipset is slightly different.

it is compiled in GENERIC kernel and nothing was detected.
if it's similar chip but has different PCI ID adding it to driver may be
enough. or may be not.

today - i can't see ANY new portable computer on market that have normal,
compatible hardware. my friend recently bought ACER notebook and there is
no OS that supports everything except windows XP.