Polling For 100 mbps Connections? (Was Re: Freebsd ThemeSong)

Danial Thom danial_thom at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 10:49:09 PST 2005

--- Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at toybox.placo.com>
wrote:

> [...]

Or maybe FreeBSD just sucks wind? I promise you
that no machine known to man can pass 150Mb/s and
be 99% idle. Get a god-damned clue for pete's
sake. All polling does is screw up accounting so
the timings are wrong. At best there's a marginal
difference in performance. You still have to
process the packets.

Lets see, this "Test" would mean that his box
could handle 100 x 150Mb/s, or 15Gb/s. Thats
quite a little router you have there! lol.

DT