Off-Topic

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 13 13:56:50 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 09:35:18PM +0000, Uncle Deejy-Pooh wrote:
> We've another contender for the 'Signature-of-the-Forum' award.
> This one spotted from Jayesh Jayan:
>    "The box said "Requires Windows 95, NT, or better", so I installed
> Linux."
> Although I'm SURE it should read "..... FreeBSD" !
>
> But, still in No1 spot:
> Windows: "Where do you want to go today?"
> Linux: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
> FreeBSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"

A few choicy ones:

I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.
Bluescreen leads to downtime.
Downtime leads to suffering.
NT is the path to the darkside.
Powerful Unix is.

C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\GO C:\PC\CRAWL

Microsoft spel chekar vor sail, worgs grate!

For a new monitor, nail here: [x]

Unix was not designed to stop people from doing stupid things, because
that would also stop them from doing clever things.
 -- Doug Gwyn

Windows caters to everyone as though they are idiots. UNIX makes no such
assumption. It assumes you know what you are doing, and presents the
challenge of figuring it out for yourself if you don't.

MCSE: Must Consult Someone Experienced

The No. 1 remote administration tool for Windows NT is a car.

The best way to accellerate a computer running Windows is at 9.81 m/s^2

Unix _is_ user-friendly. It's just a little picky about who it's friends
are.

When in doubt, use brute force
 -- Ken Thompson

Roland