_dhcp user problems

Anthony M. Agelastos iqgrande at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 11:04:36 GMT 2005

On Nov 30, 2005, at 11:42 PM, N. Raghavendra wrote:

> At 2005-11-30T21:28:40-05:00, Anthony M. Agelastos wrote:
>
>> Out of curiosity, to make sure nothing else is non-optimal, what
>> other user accounts were added from 5.4 to 6.0?  I cannot recall,
>> did not save anything from 5.4, and never saw anything related to
>> this on any of the documentation on the website.  I only knew to do
>> this for DHCP because I strictly followed the Handbook in updating
>> and diff'd the master.passwd files and figured things out for
>> myself.
>
> Did you `mergemaster -p' before building world?  I did that when I
> upgraded from 5.4-STABLE to 6.0-STABLE, and noticed that it added the
> `_dhcp' record to `/etc/passwd' and `/etc/group', and did `pwd_mkdb'
> as well.  As far as I remember, those were the only changes made by
> `mergemaster -p'.
Hello and thank you for the reply. Yes, I did run mergemaster -p
prior to building world. Perhaps when it showed me the diffs and
asked me what to do, that is what prompted me to add the user myself
so I knew that all of my custom users and groups would be saved. I
assume you opted for the choice of merging the two files?