_dhcp user problems

N. Raghavendra raghu at mri.ernet.in
Thu Dec 1 04:42:38 GMT 2005

At 2005-11-30T21:28:40-05:00, Anthony M. Agelastos wrote:

> Out of curiosity, to make sure nothing else is non-optimal, what
> other user accounts were added from 5.4 to 6.0?  I cannot recall,
> did not save anything from 5.4, and never saw anything related to
> this on any of the documentation on the website.  I only knew to do
> this for DHCP because I strictly followed the Handbook in updating
> and diff'd the master.passwd files and figured things out for
> myself.

Did you `mergemaster -p' before building world?  I did that when I
upgraded from 5.4-STABLE to 6.0-STABLE, and noticed that it added the
`_dhcp' record to `/etc/passwd' and `/etc/group', and did `pwd_mkdb'
as well.  As far as I remember, those were the only changes made by
`mergemaster -p'.

Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu at mri.ernet.in> | See message headers for contact
Harish-Chandra Research Institute   | and OpenPGP details.