disk problem

Ahmet Bulut ahmet.bulut at ihlas.net.tr
Thu Dec 1 00:41:01 PST 2005

Hi,
I had same problem while I installed FreeBSD5.4 on my machine.
Ata devices may behave erratically, particularly SATA devices.
Reported symptoms include command timeouts or missing interrupts.

First, Install FreeBSD using safe mode. And than,
Disable ACPI and APIC  using the ``safe mode'' of the bootloader.
hint.acpi.0.disabled=1
hint.apic.0.disabled=1

If  avaible, use the host's BIOS setup optios to put the ATA controller in
its 'legacy mode'.

Ahmet
F.L