Vinum (Again)

Timothy Radigan tradigan at newrevolutions.net
Fri Apr 22 13:11:45 PDT 2005

Hi all,

Ok, I'm still having trouble with vinum, I got it to load at start, but the
vinum.autostart="YES" in /boot/loader.conf returns a "vinum: no drives
found" message.

I had the mirrored set up and running before the reboot and the file system
was mounted and everything, I even made sure to issue a "saveconfig" in
vinum to make sure the configuration was written to the drives.

There is no mention of anything else in the Handbook or in the Complete
FreeBSD chapter on Vinum that describes how to get the configured drives
loaded at boot up.  Am I missing something?

Here is my /etc/vinum.conf:

drive a device /dev/ad1
drive b device /dev/ad2
volume mirror