Verizon EVDO - Broadcom a/b/g - Cisco VPN Client = how to in 5.3

Dana Rawson absolutezero273c at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 11:00:56 PDT 2005

G'Day, all.
Please forgive all the question.  I am new to FreeBSD and for the past
few weeks I have been trying to get my Dell D600 to dual boot XP Pro
and FreeBSD 5.3.  I have almost got it with the exception of a few
remaining items.  I already have a question out there for the
Evolution issues, but the last three are regarding networking:

1. Verizon EVDO - I have the found numerous discussions regarding the
use of this card:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-February/077627.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2005/01/11/0002.html

But wasn't sure of the status.  Has anyone been able to get this working?
 I am using what I'm guessing most are: AirPrime 5220.

2. Broadcom wireless a/b/g - With the help of a few searches I was
able to at least get the system to recognize this nic.

http://dannyman.toldme.com/2005/01/05/freebsd-howto-ndisulate-windows-drivers/
http://www.xl0.org/FreeBSD/ndis.txt

3. Cisco VPN client software installation - I have downloaded the
Cisco VPN client from Cisco and also have seen the vpnc port in
FreeBSD.  Would either one work to connect to a cisco device?  How
would I incorporate my .pcf file into the installation/configuration?

Thank you in advance for any directions and/or guidance!

Dana