LSI 1020 mpt problem

Jacob Atzen jacob at aub.dk
Thu Apr 21 10:36:35 PDT 2005

Hi,

I've just gotten my hands on a server with a LSI 1020 controller.
Unfortunately when I try to boot the server off my 5.3 CD I get an error
message stating that "mpt0: bullet missed in timeout".

I'm unable to find the 1020 in the hardware compability list for 5.x but
the 1030 is there. Also 1020 is supported in FreeBSD in the 4.x series.
Can I assume that the 1020 is supported in 5.x or has support been
dropped for some reason? And if it is supported, what may then be the
reason for the error message?

I guess I should note that I'm not very experienced with server
configuration, so if there's something obvious I'm missing please do
tell me.

--
Thanks,
- Jacob Atzen