hosed the jdk15 port in the pkg db

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Mon Apr 18 08:47:31 PDT 2005

Hey fellow FreeBSD users.

I've just returned from a week off, and must have left my brain in
Orlando, because I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix this
problem.

Upon my return, I upgraded my ports tree, and noticed that portaudit
had several new packages listed with security issues.  Including
jdk1.5 and portupgrade.

Well, as usual, I unset JAVA_HOME and ran the portupgrade on jdk and
several other packages listed.  As always, I used the -RN flags to
make sure any dependencies were upgraded as well.  I saved the
majority of packages to upgrade a little at a time.

They all went off without a hitch, except for the jdk15 port.  The
portupgrade port upgraded first, but I don't imagine the new tool is
the one used in the subsequent upgrades.  Normally, I upgrade
portupgrade first on its own, but this time I didn't.

Now, I have several stale dependencies for the jdk15 port.  The jdk
itself is there, but it's not registered.  I tried to force the
upgrade (portupgrade -fN) but it fails saying that
/usr/local/jdk1.5.0/bin/java is already registered - but not the
package.  I then tried pkg_info -W /usr/local/jdk1.5.0/bin/java, but
it comes back with no output.  pkg_which simply returns a '?'.

pkgdb -u doesn't seem to do anything.

So I've somehow bonked something quite thoroughly.  Any suggestions on
how best to fix this - preferably without deleting all or most of the
packages I have installed?

TIA

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

Bunker's Admonition:
  You cannot buy beer; you can only rent it.