Support for Alviso (Intel i915) chipset networking?

Nick Triantos nick-gmane at triantos.com
Sun Apr 17 18:16:56 PDT 2005

D'oh, you're right, the i915 is the graphics chip (I think, technically,
it's the whole northbridge.  Intel is damn unclear about what functions
are in each chip.

The Win XP drivers list the ethernet as "Intel(R) PRO/100 VE"
PCI ID: vendor = 8086
         dev    = 1068
         subsys = 81d0104d
         rev    = 03

The marketing page about this platform is here:

http://www.intel.com/technology/itj/2005/volume09issue01/intro/p05_new_components.htm

though it's quite substance-free.  :-|

I'll keep hunting for what could be going wrong, but any further
pointers welcome!

thanks all,
-Nick