messages from dhclient

Joost van Dijk joost at amiculus.com
Sun Apr 17 04:05:13 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have installed dhcp to get my FreeBSD system on line, a machine which I am
trying to set up as a web server. I used sysinstall and it seems to work
correctly (this e-mail is coming from my Linux workstation). However, when
working on the FreeBSD machine I keep getting the following message:
<date & time> dhclient: send_packet: permission denied.
What does this mean? I cannot find a reference to it in the man files.
It is a nuisance. When I am editing a config file with vi, this message get
written into the file, and over cofig file lines. How can I turn it off.

J.v.D.